There's this joke...

 


  What do you call a roof that's 25% damaged? oof. You call it _oof. You get it.... No you don't... 

   What do you call meat that's only 1/4 spoilt? _eat. You call it _eat. You get it right. You don't....


Blind souls 

Blind mind

The words they threw at the blind me when I couldn't reason at their level 

Phrases they used to confirm my ever doubtful belief in myself when I couldn't match them 

Sitting at table with people more intellectually good than you is bitter sweet. You just sit there proudly and pray a question is not directed to you. 

But being blind makes it even easier; whichever the weight of the question thrown at you, you'll never see it coming...



A letter from the blind guy battling depression in the city, (probably out of a heartbreak) to his brother in the village...



Dear brother, 


I hope to see you soon... 

(delete, delete, delete)


Light at the end of a tunnel is a fallacy. I would have felt mine. Nature wouldn't be this bias to us. 

No blessings for those who hurry is a fallacy. Cripples can't always win the game; nature is fair  

The world has turned against me, corrupted my mind , made it fall in love with the statement, "suicide can also be the answer" 

I walk on the market streets and all I here are sounds of them selling ropes and strings. My pockets itch and my fingers scramble to find that single penny for a rope, reasons I don't understand 

The horrors wake me up at midnight with nightmares of things I only wish I could see

I've tried taking walks to the beach, the mountains but the statements the dark magic in the winds pass via my ears once my feet is touches the sea water, " You might as well end it here" 



Smiling has become a huge magic trick and I'm probably the worst magician I know

I pinch myself so hard whenever it comes just to remind my sanity that I'm still a nobody; cause just when do I smile 

When do I smile... 

Do I smile when I line up for food at the local kiosk and they tell me to skip the line to the front because I'm blind? Am I supposed to smile ?

Do I smile when I go looking for jobs at construction sites but they tell me there's no "site/sight"

Did I giggle when she came home at 2 am and was like; Babe I was involved in a road accident, I have the pictures here, I can "show you" ...

Or when, when she came to me at the middle of the night and was like dear I don't see this working out, maybe we should start "seeing different people".  


I think the word blind was under-defined; a person visually impaired and has not capability to see 

I think they forgot to mention the impairment not only covers the one's visually impaired but also those who laugh and belittle us for our blindness 

That the impairment is contagious; it bags you up once you try to make that favourite blind joke 

I wanna say the world is a good place but how about when we're asked to define happiness and we can't see any meaning

I wanna say it all happens for a reason and these imperfections make me stronger, what if they ask me to point a finger at my greatest achievement 

Do we go against all the odds and say that we are blind they should exclude us 

Do we battle the jokes they say and prove them wrong but always treating us like exceptions..

We say we're strong but hiding behind the dark shadows that eat us alive 

We say we can survive among the normal people but when given equal opportunities we fail...

So brother...

Brother I have a joke for you..


What do you call a blind dear

No eye deer 

Yes, you get that 

No eye dear....


© amimoh

Comments

Popular Posts