Blame me instead

 



Blame me instead


 Trust me I wish I could reverse time

Put everything back to place, fix it all, even in a dime

Messed up, pushed away the dearest to me, you called it ‘soul crime’ 

You still hold me captive; part of your heart meant for enemies

And so in case you remember the dark days and cry it all out

In case you need someone to blame

Just blame me...


Lived in lies and deceit

Late night brakes of my car in the garage

You needed a father, Instead I made the steepest ladder in your life to climb

You needed a father, gave you an attitude for a mere approval of you I never mind

But I do now, daughter I mind

It’s okay though; in case it hits back hard enough and you shed tears 

Just blame me 


I know you heard it all

All the late night quarrels with your mum, I know my voice scared you off

I know you saw it all

All the blame games after few bottles of liquor, it was never true, no

I wish you could ’unhear’ it all, I only wish you could ‘unsee’ all of it

And in case you think she started any of that, no; don’t blame her

Blame me instead


Hope your stepdad is better than me

Hope he battles not bottles like me 

Heard your mum gave you his last name, guess he is much better than me

Give not the grandkids my last name, might turn out like me

They’ll ask who the other grandpa is, tell them he’s no more

Tell them liquor made the greatest enemy against him, regret 

Just tell them regrets killed him

Blames and regret finished him

Blame me

Just blame me...


©amimoh

Comments

Popular Posts