GRANDDAD

 Granddad





I wonder why you left so early,

A (two months) difference and I would have seen your face ,

All the burning questions would have been answered, I would have understood the place,

They still tell stories of you though, how to them you set the pace ,

How to them you were a hero, all the achievements you made ,

Some say I resemble you ,but no photos on the wall as proof, all that an adage ,

They even gave me your first name to confirm it, said they had to retain the image ,

But doubts linger in this; 

What if am not like you?

What if all this locks me up in a cage? 

What if we end up not reading the same page and I become another savage. 

That's why I make no promises, 

That's why I close doors to all visions ,

and prepare myself for anything :

So that incase it goes sideways and I don't impress the lineage; you'll all rest assured that am building another line;

A line of legacy...


© amimoh


Comments

Popular Posts