Anxiety

 




Cocoons can break

Rocks can wither and scatter 

But anxiety in its own existence never change 


Anxiety tied me in a chain row at a dark corner

All wails and cries futile, you'd see me 

I wrestle it; I wrestle things I don't see 

Only feels its wrath and hurts more when I fight back 

That anxiety

That monster 


Gave up all the dreams I had, couldn't dream no more 

Gave up all the goals, anxiety made them blocks in my eyes 

Pleaded with mother nature, maybe for that feeling to fade away 

Anxiety has made me 'new' (at least a better word for someone I never knew) 

I'm not dead yet, but the claws will surely make me numb 

Anxiety will make me numb...


Pleaded with my fortitude the other day, maybe mother nature sees me not

Duties and responsibilities in a thud, it's me that monster wants 

Anxiety knows no sympathy, it will destroy me in apathy

Until I drown, drown so deep you'll never see me....


Cocoons can break

And so I hope I break out from this soon enough...


© amimoh

Comments

Popular Posts